I finished my fourth pair of Lisette Portfolio Pants today and I now have the pattern fitting me nicely!
As it is coming into winter in Australia,I made this pair from a rigid denim and felt that they needed a metal toothed zipper. I was a little concerned I may zip my wobbly bits up in it so I fiddled around and came up with a zipper guard.
I sewed in the zipper following the pattern directions(if you are a little unsure I covered that in a previous blog).
Using a layer of denim and a layer of cotton I stitched a little flap and pinned it to the inside of the zipper,on the front side.
Working from the outside I topstitched it in place sewing over my existing stitching lines.
To neaten the top of the flap I folded it in side itself after cutting it away from the yoke seam,and topstitched. This was a little fiddly but it did work!
A close up of the neatened tab.
Complete the waistband as directed(Again,see previous blog post if you are a little hazy)
The inside view.
I topstitch over my existing zipper stitching.
By no means perfect,but it does the job,looks quite neat and no nipped skin!
The finished zipper.
I left the buttons off and added belt carriers to the back as well.
At last,jeans to fit a curvy girl!
Next up a Market blouse,can't wait!