Monday, July 22, 2013

Kindy Days

School hol's are over and the house is quiet and a bit sad.
Tilly went back to Kindy today and she wore her new oliver+s Book Report dress.
Its a lovely pattern to sew, all the 'bits' go together perfectly.
And it has pockets-secret pockets.
How awesome is that?
oliver+s Book Report dress
 I have the downloadable version of this pattern and it is great!
Oliver+s have this clever placement of the pattern pieces so there are minimal sheets to join. 
 After chatting with fellow oliver+s groupie about the fit I decided to draft the size 2 with the length of a size 4.
This took a bit of jiggling with the yoke pieces but it wasn't hard.
In a nutshell, I added two sizes to the length.
So the size 4 ended up being drafted on the size 12-18mnth line.
Matilda's Kindy uniform is encouraged, and the recommended attire is red or green polo top(house colours) and navy bottoms.
Well this is sort of it.
I used a pinwale cord from Spotlight. The printed cord seems to have a little more body then the plain dyed.
The hem is bound by some gorgeous cotton webbing printed with a measuring tape.
My gorgeous friend purchased it in Purl Soho (yes baby-baby, I am a-dropping names) for me.
Spoilt? Yup!
The hessian knot buttons I picked up on eBay. I would give you a link but she seems to have closed down.
Its a super fit right now which is fine as she will only get 1 1/2 terms wear from it and then it will be for farm play.
I have already made this for the Twins.
And it is just as gorgeous on a big girl.
Isn't Liesl clever?

xxx N

10 comments:

  1. I just love seeing your clothes modeled. The dress is just adorable. That is one thing (of many) that I love about Liesl's designs, they really can suit a large age range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brittney, I know I take way too many pictures but it is such fun!
    Liesl is clever, even patterns I think are too young (The Seashore dress) or too old (School Photo) prove me wrong.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this version Nicole (and I'm pretty sure it fits the school rules. Judging from my kids school uniforms this is a huge improvement)!
    The colors, the fit and the clever hem :-)
    I've been postponing buying this pattern (pdf version, of course) but I might need to do it before fall starts :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana Sofia, I am a bit naughty but she will be in blue and navy five days a week next year.

      I truly don't think you will be disappointed, and the PDF version is excellent.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. I adore Tilly's version of this dress - so fun but also so lovely
    Love the knit one too - wish Rosie would agree to it...
    You are so very right about the patterns being so suitable for all age groups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine, Elsa was not convinced until I made it-now she lives in it as it is so comfy!
      xx N

      Delete
  5. I love this - casual and fun! Perfect with leggings and boots. Have fun at kindy, Tilly!

    ReplyDelete