After cleaning up the aftermath of the Biggies
New Years Eve party I felt like doing some sewing.
But something straight forward. Mummy was a wee bit bushed!
The overlocker is threaded dark so a black hanky linen SBCC blouse fit the bill.
And I finally got to use my flash black interfacing.
Elsa dislikes the way the facing can poke out.
MC's advice and bind the arm hole.
I found a scrap on satin binding and was very confident it would work.
Ugly ugly bunching and tucking.
My 'easy' project was derailing fast.
I ran a simple running stitch through the problem area (about an inch either side of the side seam).
Its not visible on this one.
There you go, my first project for 2014.
Elsa loves it and I know she will wear it a lot.
But that sleeve finish, grrrrrr