Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Teeny Tiny Tea Party

On the weekend, my favourite cousin had a beautiful baby boy.
I had to make them something.
An Oliver+S Tea Party romper.
Its out of print but you can still purchase the PDF version.
(Oliver+S do great PDF's)

As Baby is a whole 5 days old, I made the 0-3 months.
I used a super soft light weight denim and reversed the yoke.
(My friend Johanna made the cutest Class Picnic shorts that way)
I used some precious Liberty Capel to trim the yoke. Its not bias cut as I did not have enough but it works okay on a tiny garment.
New borns can have such tender skin I fully lined it with voile.
No rough seams for tiny legs.
The pattern has instructions for adding a popper opening for nappy changes. I personally didn't like those and preferred to remove rompers (my babies had a nasty habit of power poohing once their bottoms were bare).

The little man will grow out of these so fast. 
If his mummy likes the style and would like another pair and would like poppers....no problem.

I hope she does, I loved sewing them.

xx N

PS I attached the bodice the same as I did here 

18 comments:

  1. This is my all time favorite pattern for my baby boy! I love your version of it, so darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I have never made it! But I am definitely going to try one for Matilda. Its so cute!
      Thank you xxN

      Delete
  2. What a fortunate baby boy. The colors are so pleasing and perfect interior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, I did enjoy sewing this. I share a pin-board with my cousin so I could see her style. I hope I got it right.
      xx N

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I adored sewing this Inder, I forgot how fun it is to sew wee things.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. So adorable - LOVE the touch of Liberty. We found your card underneath the shop door yesterday - such a pity we were not open when you dropped by! One day the stars will align :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, Yes, I think we have a fellow love of young men in Liberty.
      I am glad I left the card, it was Jed's idea.
      And now we know where you are and where to park we will definitely be back.
      (I could smell the fabric through the crack in the door)
      xx N

      Delete
  5. You make me want to sew this pattern even though I have no reason to do so!
    So I either convince my husband we need to have another baby or I just make one up for the hell of it!
    I like the idea of reversing the denim to get the shade variation. That is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, have another baby!
      But seriously, just make one up, its a fun sew and a lovely gift.
      I can take no credit for the denim reverse but I love it too.
      xx N

      Delete
  6. Oh! So so so utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I need to make these for my baby (before he gets too big)!! Hope you're getting lots of rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The romper is perfect for a little baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it sweet!
    I wish I had this pattern when Hugo was a baby!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete