I saw this dress on Pinterest.
I really loved the colours and the clean style, so I started searching for a similar fabric&pattern, on eBay.
This pattern jumped out at me.
A vintage McCalls from the 1960's.
Next I found this fabric, not the same but Tildy and I both liked it.
(To be honest, its not washing that well, its going pilly, I wouldn't recommend it).
I made View B with a few inches extra length and I used the faux pockets from View A.
Real pockets would have been better, Tildy is constantly trying to put her hanker sniff away.
I used the notches to match the plaid.
The back took a few 'goes' to match.
I ended up sticky taping the zipper in place, basting it, and then topstitching.
I added a full lining but simply cutting another dress from cotton lawn and putting the dress and lining right sides together.
I sandwiched the collar between the dress and facing and then hand stitched it in place at inch intervals.
I also under stitched the dress and dress lining to the facing.
I hand sewed the lining and facing to the wrong side of the zipper.
To hem the sleeves, I trimmed the lining back and then hid the raw edge in a double fold.
For finishing off, a simple double hem with a long stitch to stop the lining riding up.
One groovy dress.
For a groovy chicken.
Perfect for Winter days.
For my little Sunbeam.