Sunday, January 11, 2015

A small Tea Party

You know my love for the Tea Party
Since first we met.
From the moment Trixie was born I was itching to sew her a Tea Party dress.

I knew from experience the 0-3 month size was a very roomy fit so I was patiently waiting for her to 'chub up'.
Then a lovely local lady gifted me a bag of fabric and there were some pieces of the loveliest linen I had ever seen.
Perfect Tea Party material.
As usual I lined the skirt.
This lets me really clip and press those seams.
I used flat black piping to lift the twee levels a little closer to sophisticated.
The linen tape threaded with cherry red also helps with this.
The MoP flowers buttons are stitched with the same cherry coloured silk thread.
For a POP of colour, Liberty Wiltshire lawn bloomers.
Beatrix's signature print.
In a 6-12 month sizing to accommodate her cloth nappy.
From the leftovers, a wee bandana bib.
And, last night, a late entrant, the Purl Soho Summer Baby bonnet.
Irish linen and Liberty lawn.
Sigh!
Deliciously cool for a hot and sticky trip to the city.
Sweet chubby baby goodness.
Baby toes!
Only topped by a baby nose.

xx N

22 comments:

  1. That last picture ..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely has chubbed up - love those chubby baby smiles ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable set! It must be fun sewing for a baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just lovely. Every detail is so pristine. The linen really does have a gorgeous weight and sheen. I love your taste, Nicole. You have a bit of a vintage touch, but it's also just very "Nicole."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inder, that is so kind of you. I was pretty happy to find this fabric in a bag of hand ons.
      I don't have the time to sew as much so I try to have fun with the details.
      xx N

      Delete
  5. That certainly is beautiful linen you have there! Beautiful dress, I just can't take her cuteness :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful to sew and being free made it all the all better. :) I must send the lovely lady a photo!
      xx N

      Delete
  6. What an absolutely beautiful baby!!!! And she looks so content and happy, too! Thank you for sharing her with us. The outfit is charming on her. My favorite part is the precious pair of bloomers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Karen, I hope I am not boring you silly but I think she is delicious and just want to share.
    I am so lucky.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Nicole. Every baby should wear some beige in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley. I agree, a little beige goes a long way on a baby.
      xx N

      Delete
  9. So adorable! The hand stitching makes that bib a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cheated Catherine, and purchased it pre-stitched!
      But thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful outfit, Nicole. I just adore the linen tape at the hemline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam, I have enjoyed reading your blog, you know Cindy too!
      xx N

      Delete
  11. Ah, so cute in the little bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trixie is so adorable! I love the dress with all it's cute accessories.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Cindy, I love sewing little dresses.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete