Thursday, January 8, 2015

Swing Set Sweetness

I can't believe I forget to blog this set!
One of Oliver+S's earlier patterns that came in the tiny sizes, the Swing Set tunic & skirt pattern.
I made Trixie the tiniest size, 0-3 months, it still fits her at 5 months but is pretty snug.
Soft, cool hailspot muslin seemed the obvious choice for our hot weather. I sewed the straps from the tiny pieces left from the pretty fabric from Sarvi and Colette and added two tiny gingham bows.
Tiny MoP buttons (from my sweet friend Claire) with equally tiny butterflies close the back.
The yoke was a little fiddly in this tiny sew but fun, in a dolls clothes sewing kind of way.
More hailspot for the skirt, lined with pale coral lawn that is trimmed with fringe 
Yee-haw!
Black and white grosgrain ribbon makes the perfect waist tie.
And it is all a perfect match to Aunty Sarvi's cardy.
The inspiration for Beatrix's wardrobe.
One of the many fun things about having children over an 18 year gap is the new accessories that come out.
Bandana bibs are useful and very cute.
 As well as being a quick sew and a great way to use up those old thin cloth nappies.
How adorable is this?
Blissfully cool for our hot sticky days.
I need a cuddle!
How perfect is that wee shoulder strap?
Love this pattern!

xx N

PS If you would like to sew a sweet Swing Set, check out my step by step tute here

12 comments:

  1. Oh so tiny! But my is Trixie getting so big :D Great set for warm weather - you can send some of that warmth my way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so hot, Trixie has not needed clothes at all!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is adorable! And I am determined that this is the summer I will finally try this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Elizabeth, it is lovely and it was one of Lidia's favourite outfits.
      xx N

      Delete
  3. So Adorable! I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy, I love sewing tiny baby things.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. What an adorable little set, Nicole. It fits that beautiful baby so well! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have quite a bit more to add to share from the gifts I made for Kelly's 'hope chest'. I hope to have the nightgown posted tomorrow evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Karen, I really enjoyed reading about the Shower Tea. Much nicer then a 'doe show'.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so sweet!! The cowgirl skirt just KILLS me! Yee-haw!!! LOL! So much cuteness. Oh Trixie, honey, you are a cutiepie cowgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Twins designed this little ensemble Inder, I thought it was a bit much *maybe* but now I love it!
    Thank you!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute cute. I really have to make this pattern again before it's too late (for my own kid at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shelley, we had us some runtimes making up this little set!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete