Friday, December 16, 2016

Lekala #4562 Capsule Sewing

I am thoroughly pleased with my capsule wardrobe program.
I am not finished yet but it is coming together nicely.
I have enough tee's but I needed a slightly more dressy top, something that would work, dressed down with jeans or dressed up with a skirt/trousers.
Lekala #4562 fitted the bill.
Lekala patterns suit me well as I can put my measurements in and get a product, ready to go.
And at around $3, what is not to like?
The wee pocket is faux but a neat detail.
The neckline is faced. 
It had a nice long shaped hem, the back longer then the front.
I added side vents as I like the ease it gives me.
The sleeve cuffs are not mentioned at all in the pattern instructions so I attached them, with the seam on the inside, covered with the folded cuff.
It has a really nice shape,very comfortable and very cool to wear.
The fabric is some vintage John Kaldor rayon from my SIL's stash, the same I used to sew Zara's blouse.
I wore it with my Vado jeans and Converse (under my leather biker jacket) to a casual Christmas BBQ.

Paired with my Burda skirt (yet to be blogged) silver slip ons, a hat and pearl jewellery to a 1st Birthday.


Last night, I wore it to Presentation Night with the same skirt but under my biker jacket and with black slides and bolder earrings.

I am tossing around making a black rayon version but, to be honest, I don't think I  need it.
Maybe when this one wears out?

I love my capsule wardrobe and will continue working at it.

Thanks for reading.
xx N 
SaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

  1. I really like this style on you. I'm glad you reviewed this pattern as it's been on my 'to-sew' list for a while and I don't often see Lekala reviews out in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I was nervous of them but they are pretty straight forward.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely top and you look so cool in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this blouse has such a lovely drape and shape on you, Nicole! I can completely envision each of the outfits you describe, and they are all polished and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!
    I used to love clothes and it is fun to be getting back into it.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete