Last year, I went on the search for the perfect button up shirt.
I found it in the Aime Comme Marie. Once I had my muslin, I was all set.
I made three, white linen, denim and blue and white gingham.
I wore them continually.
Due to some minor health issues and just the passage of time I have lost some weight and they just didn't fit nicely anymore.
I borrowed a shirt from Hugo and found it a great fit so made myself one too.
It is a great shirt but a little bunchy around the hips.
I want a nicely fitted ladies button up so I gave the Vado custom fit shirt a go.
The waist darts were none existent so I left them off.
(I purchased this pattern at the same time as my Vado jeans, I realised later that I had measured my waist incorrectly and that would explain the dart issue)
I sewed it up in a linen remnant I picked up in Melbourne, using MoP buttons what else?
The shirt has a centre back seam and no back yoke.
I prefer a double back yoke myself.
It also has a continuous lap sleeve placket.
I swopped that for a two piece placket, much smarter.
The bust darts are great, a really good fit but the shoulder is too dropped for my liking.
It feels a little constrictive.
I added side vents...
Which nicely facilitate the part tuck.
Which my Twins inform me is very 'now'
To be honest, I am disappointed. Even allowing for my waist measurement discrepancy, the shoulders are too wide and if I narrow them, the sleeves will be too short.
The pattern wasn't cheap, $15 and I have to start again and buy another to alter it.
As it doesn't have a back yoke or nice sleeve plackets I think I may make another Aime Comme Marie muslin and start again.
I will wear this, it is a basic linen shirt and comfy enough if I am out and about but peeling potatoes in it is not so easy.
Oh well, onwards and upwards.